- Mail: J-Marie.Favreau@uca.fr
- Phone: (+33) 18.104.22.168.30
I am an Associate Professor (maître de conférences) at Université Clermont Auvergne, and part of the thème G4, Axe MAAD of LIMOS (UMR 6158).
I defended my PhD thesis on October 22nd, 2009 at LIMOS (Clermont-Ferrand, France) with Vincent Barra. The subject of my PhD was “Tools for tiling surfaces”. See also the illustrations page. I spent one year as post-doctoral research associate at the IMATI - CNR (Genova, Italy). I was recruted in September 2010 as maître de conférences at the Université d'Auvergne, and my first assignment was at the ISIT (UMR 6284 UdA – CNRS).
- 2007–2010: allocation couplée (research and teaching grant for PhD preparatino)
- 2004–2005, 2006-2007: student at ENS Cachan (Bretagne)
- 2005–2006: research engineer at Clermont-Ferrand Hospital
- Keywords: unfolding, cutting, tilling, topology, geometry, expert knowledge modelization.
- Applicative contexts: medical imaging, computer graphics.
University Institutes for Technology
- 2010–: ~200 hours/year, lecture in mathematics, statistics and modelization (1st and 2nd-year levels).
- 2013–: 20 hours, lecture in project management (master TechMed, 4th-year level). In charge of the lecture.
- 2014–: 39 hours, lecture in data basis applied to medical context (master TechMed, 4th-year level). In charge of the lecture.
- 2007–2009: 32 hours/year, lecture and exercise sessions in mathematics (N+i, 1st-year level)
- 2007–2009: 16 hours/year, exercise sessions in Object-oriented programming (4th-year level)
- 2008–2009: 14 hours, exercise sessions in advanced Object-oriented programming (5th-year level)
- 2007–2008: 12 hours, exercise sessions in C programming (3rd-year level)
- 2012–: expert for the ANR TecSan
- 2011–: webmaster and listmaster at ISIT lab.
- 2006–: webmaster for several conferences/projects, e.g. for the annual meeting of the discrete geometry work group.
- 2006–2009: delegate PhD student at the CIES de Lyon, at the http://www.univ-bpclermont.fr/FORMATIONS/Ecoles_Doctorales/SPI/[Doctoral school SPI, at the Governing Board of LIMOS lab.
- Organisation committee member of the annual meeting of the discrete geometry work group (2011)
- Program committee member:
- 2011: NORDIA'11
Previous positions, visits and internships
- 2009–2010: post-doctoral research associate at IMATI CNR (Genova, Italy), with Michela Spagnuolo.
- 2005–2006: research engineer at the ERIM team (EA 3295), Clermont-Ferrand, France. Software development with the aim to build a planar map of the cortical surface, in the central suclus.
- Summer 2004: internship under the direction of Jean Bézivin and Frédéric Jouault at LINA, during 2 months. Study of the ontology modelization, and design of a 3-layer description (model driven engineering).
Education and diploma
- 2009: PhD in Computer Science, Université Blaise Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand, France
Thesis title: “Tools for tiling surfaces”
Advisor: Vincent Barra
Mention très honorable
- 2005: Master 2 STS Recherche, Université de Rennes 1 (ENS Cachan antenne Bretagne), France
Rank: 3rd (distinction: très bien)
Theorical part: Computer science and telecommunication
Master 2 internship: “Atlas probabiliste des frontières fonctionnelles des aires visuelles”
Managed by Christian Barillot (VisAGeS team) and Michel Dojat (INSERM U594).
- Summer 2004: admitted at the entrance exam of the ENS de Cachan;
- 2004: Maîtrise d'Informatique at the Faculté des Sciences et Techniques, Nantes, France (Options: artificial intelligence, constrainte programming, semi-formal modelization).
- Maîtrise de Mathématiques at the Faculté des Sciences et Techniques, Nantes, France (Options: distributions and EDP, algebraic topology);
- Licence d'Informatique at the Faculté des Sciences et Techniques, Nantes, France;
- 2002: Licence de Mathématiques Fondamentales at the Faculté des Sciences et Techniques, Nantes, France (Options: scientific computation, probabilities);
- 2001: DEUG MIAS Mathématiques at the Faculté des Sciences et Techniques, Nantes, France;
- 1999: Scientific A-levels (spanish option, speciality: mathematics).